By the end of this article, you’re going to learn how to design your saddle-stitch booklet to:
* Customize your Saddle-Stitch Booklet exactly the way you want it.
* Save time: Real time proofing, no waiting for your designer’s proof.
* Save you money on design charges if you were to hire someone to design your saddle-stitch booklet.
COLOR RIGHT NOW ARE EXPERTS IN HELPING OUR CLIENTS WITH DESIGN.
Check out our many posts on how to design your own print materials using several different free online software available to the public. Be a part of the new online community of designers of print media using our fast and easy 5 step process.
WHY WE CHOSE CANVA
There are over 30 free online software for design purposes and we have tested all and have chosen Canva as one of our top recommended softwares for these three reasons.
* Canva makes graphic design simple and accessible.
* Unlike other software, Canva is user friendly and very intuitive.
* With Canva drag and drop features, it is very easy to use.
You will have to have a Canva account to start designing. The software is free, click here to make your Canva account.
STEP 1: START A NEW TEMPLATE
On Canva’s home screen has many Booklet template. Just need to type “Booklet” in the search bar on the home screen. Choose from any of the different Templates will show up.
Tip For Best results:
- The best think about Canva Having templates is it will give you ideas of how you want your design to look like.
STEP 2: PICK YOUR DESIGN TOOLS
There are many different types of editing tools, all located on the left toolbar. They will help your saddle-stitch booklet look amazing. Whatever you use, it will help with the design of your booklet. But the most important part of making the booklet is the order of the pages. Here is a list of tools to choose from.
Information on each tool:
- Templates (Is a continue of selecting a template)
- Elements (Clipart, stickers, photos, illustrations, and more to add to your design)
- Uploads (to add a saved image or document to your design)
- Text (Is too edit the type or add different styles of type)
- Projects (where all your projects automatically save to)
- Apps (to import images or documents from the apps you use)
STEP 3: ARRANGEMENT FOR THE PAGES
In the bottom right corner, there will be a square with a number. The number is the number of pages in your booklet. Click on it. You will be a screen with all your pages shown.
Above shown a sample of how you would order your sheets for an 8-page saddle-stitch book. In Canva, just click and drag the order that the booklet will need to be. Using this sample will help you when it comes to any amount of pages, as long as it is divisible by 4.
Tip For Best results:
- Your pages need to be devisable by 4 (Helpful Link: How many pages)
STEP 4: SAVE AND DOWNLOAD YOUR FILE
Now that you’ve finished designing your Saddle-Stitch Booklet, all you need to do is save it in the correct format and send it off to us when you place your order. Follow the steps below to make sure your design comes to us ready for printing!
- Click the “Share” button at the top right of your screen
- Click “Download” from the drop-down menu that appears
- Select “PDF Print” under “File Type”
- Check “Crop marks and bleeds”
- Save at 300 DPI
- Hit the “Download” button at the bottom, and save your file to your computer
STEP 5: SEND US YOUR FILE TO PRINT
It’s now time to get your design printed putting ink on paper!
Send us your file and we will get started today!
EASY AND FREE, THAT IS HOW TO DESIGN A SADDLE-STITCH BOOKLET USING CANVA
Feel free to leave comments about this tutorial on our homepage located at the bottom
DO YOU HAVE DESIGNING QUESTIONS?
This is an easy 5 step quick process to help you design your on art. You may have some unanswered design questions, see our Frequently Asked Questions page for many helpful tips.