By the end of this article, you’re going to learn how to design your business cards to:
* Customize your business cards exactly the way you want it.
* Save time: Real time proofing, no waiting for your designer’s proof.
* Save you money on design charges if you were to hire someone to design your business cards.
COLOR RIGHT NOW ARE EXPERTS IN HELPING OUR CLIENTS WITH DESIGN.
Check out our many posts on how to design your own print materials using several different free online software available to the public. Be a part of the new online community of designers of print media using our fast and easy 5 step process.
WHY WE CHOSE VISTACREATE
There are over 30 free online software for design purposes and we have tested all and have chosen Vistacreate as one of our top recommended softwares for these three reasons.
* Vistacreate makes graphic design simple and accessible.
* Unlike other software, Vistacreate is user friendly and very intuitive.
* With Vistacreate drag and drop features, it is very easy to use.
You will have to have a Vistacreate account to start designing. The software is free, click here to make your Vistacreate account.
STEP 1: START A NEW PROJECT
There is so many templates in Vistacreate. To start building your business card template.
Tips For Best results:
- Go to the area that says “Design your story for”
- Click on “Show more”
- A new tab will popup, scroll down to the title called Marketing
- There will be a “Business Card Standard” select it!
STEP 2: USE THE TEXT TOOL
To make basic business card on Vistacreate site, the tool you would need is the text tool (located on the left-hand side bar). Then you can start adding text and changing it by the options like: bold, italic, underline, font style and more. Which is located on the top window bar. So change it the way you want your business card to look.
Tip For Best results:
- Click on the Text Tool. When you click on that button, more options show up. Like the “ADD TEXT” Button. That button will give you the basic font. If you want to use all different type, There are font template below that button.
STEP 3: WATCH OUT FOR EDGE SPACING
Vistacreate has a guidelines to help with spacing your text away from the edge. Guidelines that will show up when you are moving text/design elements. Also when you open up a new template there will be a red frame around the artboard, that will help with spacing.
Tips For Best results:
- Tip 1: Do not want any type too close to the edge, it will get cut off when it comes to print. So use the helpful guidelines.
- Tip 2: Most graphic designer will keep a space of 0.125 inches away from the edge.
STEP 4: SAVE AND DOWNLOAD YOUR FILE
Now that you’ve finished designing your Business Card, all you need to do is save it in the correct format and send it off to us when you place your order. Follow the steps below to make sure your design comes to us ready for printing!
- Click the “Download” button at the top right of your screen
- Select “PDF Print”
- Check “Crop marks and bleeds”
- Hit the “Download” button at the bottom, and save your file to your computer
STEP 5: SEND US YOUR FILE TO PRINT
It’s now time to get your design printed putting ink on paper!
Send us your file and we will get started today!
EASY AND FREE, THAT IS HOW TO DESIGN A BUSINESS CARD USING VISTACREATE
Feel free to leave comments about this tutorial on our homepage located at the bottom
DO YOU HAVE DESIGNING QUESTIONS?
This is an easy 5 step quick process to help you design your on art. You may have some unanswered design questions, see our Frequently Asked Questions page for many helpful tips.