By the end of this article, you’re going to learn how to design your business card to:
* Customize your business bard exactly the way you want it.
* Save time: Real time proofing, no waiting for your designer’s proof.
* Save you money on design charges if you were to hire someone to design your business Card.
COLOR RIGHT NOW ARE EXPERTS IN HELPING OUR CLIENTS WITH DESIGN.
Check out our many posts on how to design your own print materials using several different free online software available to the public. Be a part of the new online community of designers of print media using our fast and easy 5 step process.
WHY WE CHOSE LUNACY
There are over 30 free online software for design purposes and we have tested all and have chosen Lunacy as one of our top recommended softwares for these three reasons.
* Lunacy makes graphic design simple and accessible.
* Unlike other software, Lunacy is user friendly and very intuitive.
* With Lunacy drag and drop features, it is very easy to use.
You will have to have to Download Lunacy to start designing. The software is free, click here to make your Lunacy account.
STEP 1: START A NEW PROJECT
There are limited premade templates, we will start from scratch. go to “File”, New cloud Document (CTR+SHFT+N). Then select the Artboard logo (Located on the left toolbar). Click on your work area, then an artboard will pop up. On the right, you can change the size (it’s in pixels) and type in W: 336 and H: 192. Which is 2 inches by 3.5 inches. Standard business card size.
Tip For Best results:
- Although there is a standard size when it comes to business cards. You can change the size to a different size as long as it can fit in a wallet
STEP 2: TEXT TOOL IN LUNACY
Lunacy makes it easy to use the text tool, and also to change the style. It important to keep the font style simple and clear!
Tips For Best results:
- Tip 1: To use the Text tool. On the left-hand toolbar, there will be a text logo. Select the logo and drag it on the artboard. This will create a text box. Then start typing what you would like on your business card!
- Tip 2: To change would your text looks. On the righthand toolbar, there will be options for your type. Under Appearance, there are text styles, size, alignment, and spacing.
STEP 3: EDIT YOUR ALIGNMENT
Lunacy has a lot of tools when it comes to help you with balancing your Business Cards design. There is a ruler on both sides of the workspace, and then the text boxes has magnets to lock text around. So you use the rulers to grab and drag. Now for the magnet tool. If your text has a little too much spacing in the text box, click the magnets and it will move the text close to the edge of the text box so you can get better space balance with your type.
Tip For Best results:
- The rule of thumb is to keep artwork and text 0.125 inch away from the edge.
STEP 4: SAVE AND DOWNLOAD YOUR FILE
Now that you’ve finished designing your Business Cards, all you need to do is save it in the correct format and send it off to us when you place your order. Follow the steps below to make sure your design comes to us ready for printing!
- Click the “File” at the top left of your screen
- Click “Save As” from the drop-down menu that appears
- Select on the “Save as type”
- Select PDF
- Check “Crop marks and bleeds”
- Save at 300 DPI
- Hit the “OK” button at the bottom, and save your file to your computer
STEP 5: SEND US YOUR FILE TO PRINT
It’s now time to get your design printed putting ink on paper!
Send us your file and we will get started today!
EASY AND FREE, THAT IS HOW TO DESIGN A BUSINESS CARD USING LUNACY
Feel free to leave comments about this tutorial on our homepage located at the bottom
DO YOU HAVE DESIGNING QUESTIONS?
This is an easy 5 step quick process to help you design your on art. You may have some unanswered design questions, see our Frequently Asked Questions page for many helpful tips.