By the end of this article, you’re going to learn how to design your business card to:
* Customize your business cards exactly the way you want it.
* Save time: Real time proofing, no waiting for your designer’s proof.
* Save you money on design charges if you were to hire someone to design your business card.
COLOR RIGHT NOW ARE EXPERTS IN HELPING OUR CLIENTS WITH DESIGN.
Check out our many posts on how to design your own print materials using several different free online software available to the public. Be a part of the new online community of designers of print media using our fast and easy 5 step process.
WHY WE CHOSE DESIGNCAP
There are over 30 free online software for design purposes and we have tested all and have chosen DesignCap as one of our top recommended software’s for these three reasons.
* DesignCap makes graphic design simple and accessible.
* Unlike other software, DesignCap is user friendly and very intuitive.
* With DesignCap drag and drop features, it is very easy to use.
You will have to have a DesignCap account to start designing. The software is free, click here to make your DesignCap account.
STEP 1: START A NEW PROJECT WITH A TEMPLATE
DesignCap has many templates to choose from. The Templates have great design opinions. For this tutorial, we just need to select any template to use as a blank template. By deleting the whole design or using a couple of design elements.
Tips For Best results:
- Click on, Templates (at the top)
- Under Categories (Left sidebar) there will be Business Cards (Click on it)
- There will be many templates to choose from, pick one – Customize
- Once the window pops up, just need to select everything and delete it to get a blank template
STEP 2: THE TEXT TOOL
There are so many options on the left-hand of the window. But as far as building the basic business card. We will be using the text tool. You can use all the different text templates and edit them. But we will be using “Add Heading” and “Add Subheading”.
So when you click on them, the text box will show up, and then start typing. To change type styles, there are options at the top to change your text.
Tips For Best results:
- It’s great to use a font template. Do remember that using more then two font style can make your business card really busy and unbalanced.
- When thinking about what type of style your business card should look like. Keep the important information like email, name, address, and phone number in a simpler font. It will be easier to read. Leave the fancier font for logo design.
STEP 3: MAKE YOUR BUSINESS CARD PRINT READY
To make your business card print ready, think about spacing. DesignCap, does not give you rulers and guideline to use as a tool for spacing. The only advice is to keep the type and logo 0.125 inches away from the edge of the artboard. It is always good to get in the habit of checking your spacing. You would not want any important information or text to get cut-off.
Tip For Best results:
- Since DesignCap does not have guideline to work with. You can make your own guide by, making 0.125 squares in the corner of each corner. That will give you a guild to work with. Then when you are done, delete them.
STEP 4: SAVE AND DOWNLOAD YOUR FILE
Now that you’ve finished designing your business card, all you need to do is save it in the correct format and send it off to us when you place your order. Follow the steps below to make sure your design comes to us ready for printing!
Tip: For Best results:
- Click Download (At the top of the window)
- Name file
STEP 5: SEND US YOUR FILE TO PRINT
It’s now time to get your design printed putting ink on paper!
Send us your file and we will get started today!
EASY AND FREE, THAT IS HOW TO DESIGN A BUSINESS CARD USING DESIGNCAP
Feel free to leave comments about this tutorial on our homepage located at the bottom
DO YOU HAVE DESIGNING QUESTIONS?
This is an easy 5 step quick process to help you design your on art. You may have some unanswered design questions, see our Frequently Asked Questions page for many helpful tips.