By the end of this article, you’re going to learn how to design your saddle-stitch booklet to:
* Customize your saddle-stitch booklet exactly the way you want it.
* Save time: Real time proofing, no waiting for your designer’s proof.
* Save you money on design charges if you were to hire someone to design your saddle-stitch booklet.
COLOR RIGHT NOW ARE EXPERTS IN HELPING OUR CLIENTS WITH DESIGN.
Check out our many posts on how to design your own print materials using several different free online software available to the public. Be a part of the new online community of designers of print media using our fast and easy 5 step process.
WHY WE CHOSE DESIGNCAP
There are over 30 free online software for design purposes and we have tested all and have chosen DesignCap as one of our top recommended softwares for these three reasons.
* DesignCap makes graphic design simple and accessible.
* Unlike other software, DesignCap is user friendly and very intuitive.
* With DesignCap drag and drop features, it is very easy to use.
You will have to have a DesignCap account to start designing. The software is free, click here to make your DesignCap account.
STEP 1: PICK A TEMPLATE
To use a template for this blog. The more important information is the setup, you can make a blank template or one that is pre-designed on the DesignCap site.
Tips For Best results:
- So let’s get started, there will be a tab at the top called “Templates”, click on it, and then close to a booklet template is “Report” and then a bundle of templates will show up. Click on one, and then the button customize.
STEP 2: DESIGN TOOLS
DesignCap has so many design elements to customize your design, there are the tools to help you take the Saddle-Stitch Booklet further. Once your design is done, the most important information is the setup of the booklet.
Short intro to each tool:
- Template (Pre-made templates)
- Elements (Clipart, Vector Images)
- Photos (Royalty Free Photographs)
- Chart (Excel Information Charts)
- Uploads (Loading your images and design)
- Text ( Type and Type styles)
- Modules (Infographics, and website sample layout)
- Background (Adding sample backgrounds to the design)
STEP 3: EDIT YOUR TEMPLATE
For most booklets, the page count needs to be divisible by 4 to work. Also, there is an order to place the pages. The easiest way to move your pages is to zoom out and click/select the page you want to move. Then there are arrows to go up and down to move the page to the position. on the sample shown above. Once the booklet is all set, it’s time check over your work. Please look at the sample above.
For Best results:
- The best way to see if you have the order right is to print a small mockup. Then fold it. That will help show if the arrangement is correct. This will save you costly design fees if the file is arrange the right way.
STEP 4: SAVE AND DOWNLOAD YOUR FILE
Now that you’ve finished designing your saddle-stitch booklets, all you need to do is save it in the correct format and send it off to us when you place your order. Follow the steps below to make sure your design comes to us ready for printing!
- Click the “Download” button at the top right of your screen
- Fill out “Name”
- Format “jpeg”
- Size at small
- Hit the “Download” button at the bottom, and save your file to your computer
STEP 5: SEND US YOUR FILE TO PRINT
It’s now time to get your design printed putting ink on paper!
Send us your file and we will get started today!
EASY AND FREE, THAT IS HOW TO DESIGN A SADDLE-STITCH BOOKLET USING DESIGNCAP
Feel free to leave comments about this tutorial on our homepage located at the bottom
DO YOU HAVE DESIGNING QUESTIONS?
This is an easy 5 step quick process to help you design your on art. You may have some unanswered design questions, see our Frequently Asked Questions page for many helpful tips.