By the end of this article, you’re going to learn how to design your Saddle-stitch Booklet to:
* Customize your Saddle-Stitch Booklet exactly the way you want it.
* Save time: Real time proofing, no waiting for your designer’s proof.
* Save you money on design charges if you were to hire someone to design your Saddle-stitch Booklet.
COLOR RIGHT NOW ARE EXPERTS IN HELPING OUR CLIENTS WITH DESIGN.
Check out our many posts on how to design your own print materials using several different free online software available to the public. Be a part of the new online community of designers of print media using our fast and easy 5 step process.
WHY WE CHOSE VISME
There are over 30 free online software for design purposes and we have tested all and have chosen Visme as one of our top recommended softwares for these three reasons.
* Visme makes graphic design simple and accessible.
* Unlike other software, Visme is user friendly and very intuitive.
* With Visme drag and drop features, it is very easy to use.
You will have to have a Visme account to start designing. The software is free, click here to make your Visme account.
STEP 1: START A NEW PROJECT
Creating a saddle-stitch booklet in Visme is easy as far as the design goes. The most import part of a saddle-stitch booklet is how the pages are going to be arranged. Always keep that is mind.
Tips For Best results:
- Tip 1: There is a tab that says “projects”. Click the tab, and then on the main screen, there will be
a search bar, you can search booklets, and use one of their design templates. Or start with a whole new design.
- Tip 2: For this how I will be using a Visme Template, please note if you are creating a whole new design, make sure the page count is divisible by 4 to make the booklet work.
STEP 2: DESIGN TOOLS
In Visme, there are a lot of design editing options, plus a template you can select as well. I use any of their design elements which are located on the left-hand toolbar. All these design elements are very helpful, but for this “how-to guide,” we are going to be using the basics, and editing some of the text. Once you are done playing with the design. The most important part is the set up of a saddle-stitch booklet.
Information to know your design tools:
- Layout (Lets you pick another template)
- Basics (This is where you can find, the style of type and design for type)
- Graphics ( Clipart, lines and shapes, illustrations)
- Photos (Stock photos that are royalty free)
- Data (If you need to add data, there is an all different types of graphics, with spend sheets)
- Media (add your videos, this is not for booklets)
- Theme Colors (this help with color complementing each other)
- My Files (Add your files)
- Apps (help save your file to another app)
STEP 3: ARRANGING YOUR TEMPLATE
To create a saddle-stitch booklet. It’s important think about the finishing and layout. For this sample, I am going to be setting up a saddle-stitch booklet (FYI: extra information link on saddle-stitch booklets).
The imposition is arsenical. See the example above: to move your pages in the right order. In Visme there are pages shown on the Righthand menu, click on them and drag in the order on the sample I am showing.
Tip For Best results:
- If the sample above is confusing, I advise to print a sample and fold it to see how the pages will be arranged in the final booklet. Hardcopy proofs are the best visual.
STEP 4: SAVE AND DOWNLOAD YOUR FILE
Now that you’ve finished designing your saddle-stitch booklet, all you need to do is save it in the correct format and send it off to us when you place your order. Follow the steps below to make sure your design comes to us ready for printing!
- Click the “Download” button at the top right of your screen
- Click “Document PDF” from the left side menu
- Select “PDF with Bleed Marks”
- Check “All Pages”
- Hit the “Download” button at the bottom, and save your file to your computer
STEP 5: SEND US YOUR FILE TO PRINT
It’s now time to get your design printed putting ink on paper!
Send us your file and we will get started today!
EASY AND FREE, THAT IS HOW TO DESIGN A SADDLE-STITCH BOOKLET USING VISME
Feel free to leave comments about this tutorial on our homepage located at the bottom
DO YOU HAVE DESIGNING QUESTIONS?
This is an easy 5 step quick process to help you design your on art. You may have some unanswered design questions, see our Frequently Asked Questions page for many helpful tips.